Creating Assignments in the ePortfolio Interface
The re-designed ePortfolio interface allows faculty to create assignments that students can add to their existing ePortfolios to work on. The assignment template feature will enable faculty to address specific course goals while maximizing the use of the new interface and connecting it to the Core ePortfolio.
Here are important items to consider as you create your assignment:
- Think about instructions and prompts to leverage the use of the interface and scaffold the activity for students.
- Think of non-text elements that you can incorporate into your assignment. For example, consider media or sample files to exemplify the work students will do.
- Think about where your assignment will best fit and how it will strengthen student learning connecting it to other parts of the Core ePortfolio.
- Consider ways in which your assignment will solidify students' digital and integrative abilities and how these add to their learning.
Here are ways to get started:
1. Set up a one-on-one consultation with an ePortfolio consultant here.
2. Check out this guide to building an assignment template here.